Water Technology Education and Training Directorate
Objective of the Directorate
The major objective of Water technology education and training directorate were providing practical trainings to capacitate the existing and potentially joining manpower of the sector in cooperation with other technical and vocational education and training institutions and higher education institutions and produce and build capacity of instructors required by technical and vocational education and training institutions.
Main Responsibilities and Key Tasks
- Prepare and conduct short-term practical trainings on courses designed as per international methods to fill identified skill gaps of manpower working at different levels in water development and related activities.
- Conduct short-term practical trainings of trainers on courses designed in line with the sector’s qualification levels and new technologies to fill identified skill gaps of instructors working in technical and vocational education and training institutions.
- Produce instructors required by the technical and vocational education and training institutions that train in water and water related professions base on the demand of the sector’s education and training.
- Conduct long-term training as per national technical and vocational education and training qualification framework on higher level programs in accordance with the manpower requirement of the sector.
- Provide technical and consultation support to education and training isntitutions that produce graduates required by the sector in organizing training program and introduction to new technologies.
Director; Water Technology Education and Training Directorate
Tel : Office - +251- 118-696127
Mobile +251 -911-859754
P.O.Box : 27676/1000 Addis Abeba, Ethiopia